essence of eve home about elsewhere lovelies contact

12.14.2011

When Life Gives You Lemons...

I'm currently very mad at myself. I feel like banging my head on the wall for the next hour.
You see, I was just looking through my photography folder in search of a specific photo when I noticed that half of my photos from June and August as well as all my July photos were GONE!
The mix-up that had led to me accidentally deleting them, I realized, must have happened a few weeks ago when I decided to transfer all my old photos to my dad's computer, because he has tons of space and I don't. Just in case you were wondering, all the computers in our house are connected so you can get on one computer and access data on another one, just as long as they're both on. Anyway, I remember copying all the photos from my folder and pasting them into my dad's folder. What I didn't realize I'd done then was that I'd actually cut the photos instead of simply copying them. Turns out something happened with the transferring process, and without my knowledge, it had somehow canceled itself. I got fooled into thinking that the process was complete, and without double-checking (BIG mistake) I went and deleted all the supposed 'copies' I had on my computer (yes, I did empty my recycle bin right after). And that was the tragic end of my photos...

So yes, I did get a few lemons today... But guess what?! I'll be making grape juice... ;)

via pinterest

...and taking billions of new photos to make up for the ones I lost!

via pinterest

Because...

via pinterest

...and that's all that really matters! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I think I would die if all of my photos were erased...or at least curl up in a ball and cry for a while. ;) Keep up the great attitude, Eve, and I can't wait to see the results of your grape juice making. =)

    ReplyDelete

a single ray of light can brighten even the darkest forest.