essence of eve home about elsewhere lovelies contact

1.23.2012

Sock Curls

I saw this video tutorial yesterday...




...and I simply HAD to try it on my hair! I doubted it would work though, 'cause my hair is the kind of hair you can't pretty much do anything with. It's super annoying sometimes. Even if I were to try something as simple as this (and I have tried something similar)...

via pinterest

...or this...

via pinterest

...(and forget about these entirely)...

via pinterest

via pinterest

...it just won't work (having layers probably doesn't help much either). My hair will NOT cooperate, and that's that. It flies all over the place! That second to last hairstyle idea I showed you? I can only imagine it in my dreams... unless at some point in my life, I become great friends with the world's most renowned hairstylist... which is highly unlikely. :P But anyway, as I was saying, I was very skeptical about the whole thing - not that my hair wouldn't curl, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to roll my hair up into those little bob-like thingies. But after spending half an hour at it, I emerged from the bathroom last night... looking (an feeling) quite silly. Turns out it isn't all that hard to roll your hair up with socks. It's really easy if you first moisten your hand with water and just run it through the section you're about to roll up, helps hair stay put.
In the morning I stood in front of the mirror and removed the socks. For the first few moments I could hardly believe what I was seeing. I had real authentic-looking curls... it was amazing! My hair is usually straight by the way, maybe just slightly wavy, at the ends. The curls were kind of wild though, so I just wet my hairbrush and ran it through my hair, which didn't ruin the curls at all.
This is how my hair looked this evening, not as curly as it was in the morning but still pretty wavy.

photo credit: little sister
If you want to curl your hair, I'd definitely recommend this - it's super easy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, all those hair tutorials look amazing! But I have same problem as you. :P My hair simply WON'T stay put in any type of style I try to put it in!
    ...Your hair even LOOKS like mine...{except a bit longer}
    Hahaha, sorry for going all creeper-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hairdos are gorgeous!! =D Yep, I get the thing with the hair that won't cooperate, because mine is normally that same! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try the whole sock thing.

    Check out my blog
    http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

    Godsgirlz1

    ReplyDelete

a single ray of light can brighten even the darkest forest.